Join the team and come dance with us at the Dance My Way Theatre Show this June.
I am super excited to offer this very special performance course at Pineapple Dance Studios with the option of performing in this exciting show on June 11th in the heart of South Kensington SW1 on a stunning stage alongside a host of other dance styles from hip hop, jazz, commercial, ballet, dance hall and many others. This is a show (and a course) not to be missed.
For 4 weeks prior to the show you will train with me for 12 hours. During weeks 1 to 3 we will cover strengthening and dance conditioning, drills, cool combos, and flashy footwork for the first hour to help refine your technique. I will then go on to teach you a complex routine, moving on to formation changes and call and response sections to create a group routine you will be proud to be part of. Depending on the speed at which the group can learn there may be some time during classes to work on show costuming.
Week 4 will be refining formations, entrances and exits and full dress rehearsal. On top of all this I will send you weekly private class videos to assist your personal dance practice. I’ll give you coaching on professionalism both on stage and back stage as well as advise on hair and make up for that professional dance look. Week 5 will be the evening show (Saturday June 11th) including afternoon theatre dress rehearsal to help you make the most of your final performance. Numbers are strictly limited, booking is essential, this course will sell out.
What you get
- 12 hours dance training to a fun, sexy and energetic routine you will love
- Weekly private video footage from class to assist your practise
- Advice on costuming, hair and make up
- coaching on professionalism both on and off stage
- The opportunity to perform in the Dance My Way Theatre Show in central London
This course is for you if..
- You are looking for a new dance goal in 2016
- You want to increase both your fitness, body awareness and develop your dance skills
- You want to be part of a team, have fun and develop new friendships
- Your looking to develop your performance skills and take your dance to the next level
- You don’t feel you fit in with the more traditional forms of belly dance and you’d like to try this unique blend with a rock star flair
Please note the following
- Booking is for the 4 week course only starting Sunday May 15th. This does not include Pineapple membership. If you are not a Pineapple member you can find out more on the various membership options on offer from single day hire, one, three, six and twelve month options. http://www.pineapple.uk.com/membership.html
- There is no pressure to perform in the theatre show if at the end of the course you do not feel ready.
- Dancers are encouraged to attend all classes. If a class is missed it is the dancers responsibility to catch up. Weekly class videos will be provided but should not be considered an alternative to class attendance.
- Costuming is dancers own responsibility although there is no need to break the bank here. Advise will be given and a colour theme chosen to help everyone look like a cohesive group. We will help you source your costume as cheaply as possible and depending on the speed of the group there may be some time during the class sessions for costume making. Good hair and make up, sparkly hair clips and pretty jewellery all help add a touch of glamour for that final effect.
- The Dance My Way theatre show takes place June 11th in South Kensington at the iconic Baden-Powell House http://www.towntocountry.co.uk/bphouse/
- You do not need to be a Pineapple member to take part in this course. Simply pay for the Sunday day hire (£2) each time you attend class.
- Course is none refundable or transferable
- The Dance My Way Gala Show tickets can be purchased here http://www.dancemyway.co.uk/OUR-GALA-EVENING-SHOW.html