Join the team and come dance with us at Gothla 2018 for the main stage theatre Show this July!
I am super excited to offer this very special performance project for this years Gothla UK main stage Y-Theatre show on July 20th – This is a show (and a course) not to be missed! Perform alongside myself and share the stage with the elite in gothic and metal bellydance! Represent Darkstar and the school of rockstar bellydance and lets make our debut together on the Gothla UK spotlight stage.
For 5 weeks prior to the show you will train with me for 15 hours. During weeks 1 to 4 we will cover strengthening and dance conditioning, drills, cool combos, and flashy footwork for the first hour to help refine your technique. I will then go on to teach you a complex routine, moving on to formation changes and call and response sections to create a group routine you will be proud to be part of. Depending on the speed at which the group can learn there may be some time during classes to work on show costuming.
Week 5 will be refining formations, entrances and exits and full dress rehearsal. On top of all this I will send you weekly private class videos to assist your personal dance practice. I’ll give you coaching on professionalism both on stage and back stage as well as advise on hair and make up for that professional dance look. Week 5 will be the evening show (Friday July 20th) including afternoon theatre dress rehearsal to help you make the most of your final performance. Numbers are strictly limited, booking is essential, this course will sell out.
What you get
- 15 hours dance training to a fun, sexy and energetic routine you will love
- Weekly private video footage from class to assist your practise
- Advice on costuming, hair and make up
- coaching on professionalism both on and off stage
- The opportunity to perform in the Gothla UK Main Stage Show
This course is for you if..
- You are looking for a new dance goal in 2018
- You want to increase both your fitness, body awareness and develop your dance skills
- You want to be part of a team, have fun and develop new friendships
- You’re looking to develop your performance skills and take your dance to the next level
- You don’t feel you fit in with the more traditional forms of belly dance and you’d like to try this unique blend with a rock star flair
- You are an advanced / intermediate level dancer or used to working with me in weekly classes or workshops
Studio dates and venue
- June 17th – 2.00 – 5.00pm (Pineapple) covernt garden
June 24th – 2.00 – 5.00pm (Pineapple) covernt garden
July 1st – 2.00 – 5.00pm (Urdang) angel / Farringdon
July 8th – 2.00 – 5.00pm (Urdang) angel / Farringdon
July 15th – 2.00 – 5.00pm (Urdang) angel / Farringdon
(July 15th final and FULL dress rehearsal, all dancers to be present, performance ready and expected to dance full out. No exceptions will be accepted for missing dress rehearsal)
- Show date July 20th Gothla UK Friday night main stage performance with me.
Please note the following
- This course is not suitable for the beginner dancer. If you are a beginner please come along to one of my weekly classes where you can develop at your own pace and there are plenty of fun community based performance opportunities
- Dancer’s are expected to arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of class. Please do not be late. If traveling from outside of London I would recommend catching an earlier train to avoid the stress of being late. There are plenty of places in Covent Garden to grab a coffee before class.
- Booking is for the 5 week course only starting Sunday June 17th. This does not include Pineapple day membership of £2 on Sundays. If you are not a Pineapple member you can find out more on the various membership options on offer from single day hire, one, three, six and twelve month options. http://www.pineapple.uk.com/membership.html
- There is no pressure to perform in the theatre show if at the end of the course you do not feel ready.
- Dancers are encouraged to attend all classes. If a class is missed it is the dancers responsibility to catch up. Weekly class videos will be provided but should not be considered an alternative to class attendance.
- Costuming is dancers own responsibility although there is no need to break the bank here. Advise will be given and a colour theme chosen to help everyone look like a cohesive group. We will help you source your costume as cheaply as possible and depending on the speed of the group there may be some time during the class sessions for costume making. Good hair and make up, sparkly hair clips and pretty jewellery all help add a touch of glamour for that final effect.
- The Gothla UK theatre show takes place Friday July 20th at the Y-theatre in Leicester.
- You do not need to be a Pineapple member to take part in this course. Simply pay for the Sunday day hire (£2) each time you attend class.
- Course is none refundable or transferable
Course starts Sunday June 17th for 5 weeks leading to Show day week 6 (the following Friday July 20th)
Time – 2.00pm – 5.00pm
Studio Venues – Pineapple Dance Studios https://www.pineapple.uk.com/location & Urdang (Old Findsbury Town Hall) https://www.theoldfinsburytownhall.co.uk/home
Show Venue – Y Theatre (Leicester) https://gothla.uk/info/ & https://www.leicesterymca.co.uk/youth-community/about-us/visit-us/
Five week Performance course to help take your dance to the next level – 15 hours training in professional dance studios with Darkstar a leader within gothic and metal bellydance – detailed video tutorials to assist personal practice – private costume group – the opportunity to perform at Gothla UK in the main stage show – a great performance highlight for the dance CV
Thanks for taking the time to read all about this exciting project, I truly hope you will be willing and able to embark on this dance journey with me.
Come join me at the biggest gothic bellydance event in the country and be a rock star belly dancer with me!
Much love dark dancers ~Darkstar ~